12.16.2013

The YA Superlatives of 2013: Head of Class


It's time for the 3rd annual YA Superlative Blogfest, hosted by Jessica Love, Katy Upperman, Tracey Neithercott, and Alison Miller! I'm so excited to join in and help celebrate some of my favorite YA releases of 2013.

Let's get started...

*drumroll*

...

Head of the Class:

Favorite Dystopian - Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Favorite Science Fiction - These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner


Favorite Fantasy - Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo


Favorite Contemporary - Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell



Favorite Action/Adventure - The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Favorite Historical Fiction - Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein


Favorite Mystery - Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor


Favorite Romance - Just One Day by Gayle Forman


Favorite Paranormal - The Archived by Victoria Schwab


Tune in tomorrow for more categories and more favorites!

4 comments:

  1. UNRAVEL ME is so freaking good. LOVE IT and can't wait for IGNITE ME! I loved ELEANOR & PARK too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of feel like I snubbed both UNRAVEL ME and SIEGE AND STORM today, but I ended up going with THROUGH THE EVER NIGHT and CROWN OF MIDNIGHT for those categories. I should have just chosen all of them! You've got a great list here, and of the ones that I've read, I totally agree with your picks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Prep-School Confidential! It's been getting a lot of love today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of forgot Unravel Me was a 2013 book and not 2012. Thanks for the reminder—I can think of one category it'll win for me this week.

    Thanks for joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete