12.19.2012

YA Superlative Blogfest: Elements of Fiction



It's day three of the YA Superlative Blogfest!

Here are my picks for "Elements of Fiction."

Most Envy-Inducing Plot (Or, the plot you wish you’d thought of yourself.)
AND
Most Formidable World (Or, the setting you definitely would NOT want to visit.)
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
When I first heard the concept of this book--a world that is woven--it made me salivate.
I love what Genn created in Crewel (not to mention how it ended). But after seeing all
that Adelice and everyone in this world goes through, I wouldn't actually want
to live there.

Wanderlust-Inducing (Or, the setting you’d happily travel to.)
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Ravka is simply stunning.

Loveliest Prose
Origin by Jessica Khoury
I went back and forth over this category, but I wanted to go with a book that didn't win any 
of the other awards. I adore Jess's style of writing. It's simple but lovely.

Best First Line
"I am a coward." -Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I just love everything about this.

Most Dynamic Main Character
Verity - Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Verity is not a coward, as you learn quite fast when you read this book. She is SO intriguing.
Her secrets are woven into the pages. I love her.

Most Jaw-Dropping Ending
I really, really want to give this award to Progidy by Marie Lu. I know it's a 2013
release, but I read it this year, and OMG THE ENDING. Just you wait.

7 comments:

  1. I thought seriously about CNV for best first line as well. It is the most arresting of the ones I considered, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Origin for Loveliest Prose also. Her writing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on your list, I have some books I need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! That little tidbit about PRODIGY is making me seriously antsy about getting my hands on that book. It feels like so long since LEGEND came out.

    Yet again, I'm asking myself why I haven't yet read CODE NAME VERITY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to make us wait with bated breath for Prodigy!!!

    And how funny I picked Shadow and Bone for most formidable world... the opposite of what you picked it for! But to be fair, I had the Unsea (the shadow fold) in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's so interesting that a lot of people picked Ravka for most formidable but you picked it for wander-lust inducing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost picked Ravka for both Most Formidable and Wanderlust-Inducing. Obviously I wouldn't want to go to the Shadow Fold, but I would love to go see the mountains.

    ReplyDelete